Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sacred rubber tree a hoax?
23-03-2014, 02:30 AM
Sacred rubber tree a hoax?
I tried planting one in both my single player world and in a creative test world, all I get is a regular rubber tree. I've tried using bonemeal, industrial fertilizer in a fertilizer, and good old fashioned waiting, all with the same result.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Sacred rubber tree a hoax?
The Sacred Rubber Sapling is not a hoax, however, a bit of explanation behind it is in order.

Despite what the name may say, this:

[Image: r43KHX1.png]

is not a sacred sapling. Another mod, possibly Magic Crops or ExN/ExA, is renaming and assigning a metadata value to regular ol' rubber tree saplings.

This:

[Image: k8YHWoS.png]

is a true sacred sapling (note the flavor text of "Warning: Pakratt's world ship.")

When a sapling of the first type is planted, the mod code for MFR checks the metadata value (in this example, the : 8 and : 1). If the metadata value is equal to 1, you get a true sacred sapling and that will result in a sacred tree. If it is not 1, you do not and it will result in a standard rubber tree.

https://github.com/skyboy/MineFactoryRel...pling.java - lines 55 to 59

Code:
        if (meta == 1)
        {
            if (!new WorldGenMassiveTree().generate(world, rand, x, y, z))
                world.setBlock(x, y, z, blockID, 1, 4);
        }

Again, you can plant sacred saplings that do not have a metadata value of 1 and do not have the flavor text all day long and all you will get is regular rubber trees.

Then there is the method of obtaining rubber tree saplings. Back to the code:

https://github.com/skyboy/MineFactoryRel...dCore.java - lines 600-601

Code:
        if (MFRConfig.enableMassiveTree.getBoolean(true))
            ChestGenHooks.getInfo(ChestGenHooks.PYRAMID_JUNGLE_CHEST).addItem(new WeightedRandomChestContent(new ItemStack(rubberSaplingBlock, 1, 1), 1, 2, 1));

MFR will, if enabled in the config, include Sacred Saplings as jungle temple loot. In the config, this worldgen option is set to false by default. So at this time it is not possible at this time to obtain a legit sacred sapling in this pack without either 1) cheating one in via creative/NEI cheat mode or 2) an inventory editor.

Code:
/config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/common.cfg

# If true, enable adding Sacred Rubber Sapling to jungle temple loot.
    B:WorldGen.SacredRubberSapling=false
23-03-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Sacred rubber tree a hoax?
It's funny that you say that because I had done my research before attempting to plant the tree and I made sure the warning was on it when I planted it. I still only got regular size rubber trees.