ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Dance to Join Server + EvilCraft problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've managed to host and join my own server along with a handful of friends, unfortunately we're running into a couple issues. While this is expected for a cutting edge beta mod pack, I figured I should report them so that you're aware. Below are the two more prominent bugs I've come across.

Unfortunately I don't have all the logs set aside at the moment. I'll try and recreate the issues and provide them if needed.

----------

The simpler of the two bugs involved Evilcraft.

Essentially anytime an entity died the mod attempted to create a "vengeful spirit" causing the server to crash. Disabling the mod resolved the issue.

----------

The more interesting of the two is the song and dance number requires to join the server.

Everytime the server is resets or the client resets the player (be it me connecting through "localhost" or a friend through my IP address) must join a SSP game and choose his/her gender first. Joining a SSP game where they've already picked their gender works as well.

If they do not do this every time then they will simply get a permanent loading world message before the server automatically disconnects them. They are forced to reboot their client to get rid of the loading world message even after they server booted them.

----------

Beyond those issues, we're enjoying the pack and looking forward to all its updates... Despite those teeth grindingly annoying dirt monsters. Ugh.
(16-11-2015 06:22 PM)RSHastingsIV Wrote: [ -> ]I've managed to host and join my own server along with a handful of friends, unfortunately we're running into a couple issues. While this is expected for a cutting edge beta mod pack, I figured I should report them so that you're aware. Below are the two more prominent bugs I've come across.

Unfortunately I don't have all the logs set aside at the moment. I'll try and recreate the issues and provide them if needed.

----------

The simpler of the two bugs involved Evilcraft.

Essentially anytime an entity died the mod attempted to create a "vengeful spirit" causing the server to crash. Disabling the mod resolved the issue.

----------

The more interesting of the two is the song and dance number requires to join the server.

Everytime the server is resets or the client resets the player (be it me connecting through "localhost" or a friend through my IP address) must join a SSP game and choose his/her gender first. Joining a SSP game where they've already picked their gender works as well.

If they do not do this every time then they will simply get a permanent loading world message before the server automatically disconnects them. They are forced to reboot their client to get rid of the loading world message even after they server booted them.

----------

Beyond those issues, we're enjoying the pack and looking forward to all its updates... Despite those teeth grindingly annoying dirt monsters. Ugh.

Bug 1. Hmm, I've been unable to dupe the Evilcraft Vengance Crash. :\ But I'll talk to Kroeser and see if it's a thing.
Bug 2. I haven't had any trouble with Gender, but I did have problems with the backpack mod (still in beta, itself) not allowing me on the server via a never ending loading screen. I disabled it on the server and it fixed the loading problem for me.
If you can get a hold of the logs next time it happens and post it, I might be able to figure out the issue.
Thanks!
Bug 1: Considering the crash happened 5 times in a row before I figured it out, I'm fairly confident I can recreate the crash and get you those logs. However, it might have to wait a bit (potentially a week) if it turns out I need the other person to recreate it. I'll give it a look later when I get home.

Bug 2: Its possible that it is the backpack issue and that selecting my gender in SSP was just an odd coincidence and thus entirely unrelated. Again I'll try to recreate it, but I'm not certain which logs to post for this one. When I include to many your spam filter eats my post.
(17-11-2015 08:54 PM)RSHastingsIV Wrote: [ -> ]Bug 1: Considering the crash happened 5 times in a row before I figured it out, I'm fairly confident I can recreate the crash and get you those logs. However, it might have to wait a bit (potentially a week) if it turns out I need the other person to recreate it. I'll give it a look later when I get home.

Bug 2: Its possible that it is the backpack issue and that selecting my gender in SSP was just an odd coincidence and thus entirely unrelated. Again I'll try to recreate it, but I'm not certain which logs to post for this one. When I include to many your spam filter eats my post.

Don't forget to get me that crash-log! I'm still unable to reproduce those crashes. Although, I do have broken textures for chalices and vengeance boxes.

Note: 2.0f has a reduction in dirt slimes. If you still hate them, they can completely stop them from spawning in the config.

Thanks!
I was doing some some testing and found out that NEI refuses to show how to make Crushed Dark Gems and every time they're in a recipe there isn't a description of how to get them. I think I read through the book. Am I missing something? How do you make these? I'm pondering experimenting with the Electric Crusher from Neotech. Otherwise I'm getting close to calling my current configuration Youtube ready.
(08-12-2015 05:10 AM)GlitchReaper Wrote: [ -> ]I was doing some some testing and found out that NEI refuses to show how to make Crushed Dark Gems and every time they're in a recipe there isn't a description of how to get them. I think I read through the book. Am I missing something? How do you make these? I'm pondering experimenting with the Electric Crusher from Neotech. Otherwise I'm getting close to calling my current configuration Youtube ready.

Sorry it took me so long to get back!
The Crushed Dark Gems are a rare, extra drop you can receive from mining Dark Ores. I believe if you have Fortune on your pick, more drop. I don't know if the Crusher will yield CDGs. :\
Looking forward to the 'Tube videos!
(11-12-2015 06:10 PM)mrshilamma Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2015 05:10 AM)GlitchReaper Wrote: [ -> ]I was doing some some testing and found out that NEI refuses to show how to make Crushed Dark Gems and every time they're in a recipe there isn't a description of how to get them. I think I read through the book. Am I missing something? How do you make these? I'm pondering experimenting with the Electric Crusher from Neotech. Otherwise I'm getting close to calling my current configuration Youtube ready.

Sorry it took me so long to get back!
The Crushed Dark Gems are a rare, extra drop you can receive from mining Dark Ores. I believe if you have Fortune on your pick, more drop. I don't know if the Crusher will yield CDGs. :\
Looking forward to the 'Tube videos!

I've talked to the mod developer about it. He says he actually had support for crushing gems in 1.7.10 and was unaware of Neotech. The other mods he gave support to are not past 1.8 yet. He's thinking of adding his own solution since I'm not the only one that likes the flexibility of converting extra Dark Gems when needed. I also reported a big world wrecking bug to him. Do not use the Spirit Furnace with a non-Vanilla mob spirit until it gets fixed! In other news I have my first episode out and will post that in the Youtubers thread.
Reference URL's