ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Redwood Server Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
== Mumble Etiquette ==

With VOIP channels there are some given courtesies that should be commonplace, which include but are not limited to:
# Not to speak over someone
# Not to use Voice activated chat in a loud environment; we recommend Push to talk anyway.
# Not to purposely leave the line open for extended periods of time, just like in radio communications, in case someone has something important to say over you
To help with some of this; from time to time, during busier periods, moderators can assign people to have a priority status. This gives precedence to what that person is saying if someone interrupts them or in the event they need to speak over people.

So some things that we have come to know and love on the Redwood Mumble server are:
# If we are going AFK we move to the AFK channel.
# If we are watching TV near our PC and can see the screen but aren’t participating in mumble we go to that dedicated channel.
# If we cannot speak because of no mic or just can’t talk right now we mute ourselves so people can see we cannot speak.
# If we cannot hear because of no speakers or other issue; we deafen ourselves so people know not to use voice to try and contact us.
On Mumble there are several types of mutes:
# A red mute is one you have put on yourself and can remove.
# A green mute is one imposed by the server because of the channel you are in and your privileges.
# A blue mute is one that a moderator has imposed on you. If you feel you are being unfairly treated with a blue mute you may file a grievance against the moderator stating the reasons why you think that you were unfairly muted. The process for this is not yet defined because we have had no issues in the past and blue mutes are rarely seen.

== Redwood SolitaryCraft Server ==

These rules and guidances are subject to change without notice and it is the responsibility of the player to make sure they are up to date with the latest changes to the section.
The server operates a no griefing policy; this should be self explanatory, but this covers unsanctioned changes to someone else’s "base" or constructions not limited to buildings, chests, pipes and machines. This also includes in-game murder. Now this is the American style of murder; if the death of another player can be directly attributed to the actions you have taken: placement of explosives, reducing their health, pushing them off a cliff, removing all the lighting from their base and inviting creepers in; then this is counted as griefing. Griefing will be treated and tolerated as much as bullying and will result in the removal of registration for mumble, and removal from the whitelist for an unspecified amount of time, depending on the severity of the issue. This may be overlooked in very slight incidents, and very serious incidents may result in a ban.
There is an important exception to this rule: where server administrators have declared, for testing or other purposes, that mass explosives or killing is allowed for a set period of time, where after a restore is usually performed and play is resumed to normal (See section below on server used for testing purposes and downtime). Another exception is when players agree amongst themselves that killing each other is acceptable, but only with express permission from that player; should be documented with a moderator to avoid a ban.
A final exception is if you place explosives or traps within the confines of your base or immediate surrounding area (subject to discretion of a moderator if an incident does occur) and there are signs stating that said traps exist at the entrance or surrounding any area that is a trap, then a player death caused by entering said trap is deemed suicide.
We like to give players as much warning of undesired play styles as possible and so we would like to set forth a two tiered warning. Each warning should be given by a moderator or admin; and should always include a resolution path; an action or actions that can be taken to resolve the situation
If you receive a low level warning; you should not be that worried. You may receive this warning for suspicious activity, somehow obtaining a lot of high value items from nowhere, or you may receive this for being somewhat arrogant or ignorant to the players that share the server with you; for instance if someone helps you when you request it: but you are constantly unwilling then to help others. Ignored low level warnings can progress to high level warnings. Low level warnings can be dismissed if a discussion is held with a moderator as to reasoning behind the behaviour, in addition to the resolution path, if the reasoning is legitimate and sound.
If you receive a high level warning; you should probably take note of this immediately and take action to remedy the situation to avoid being removed from the server. You may receive a high level warning for incidents such as: Constant bad and disruptive behaviour including rudeness to those kind enough to help you or run the server, bullying, cheating, minor grieving (since major has no warning and you will be removed).

If you feel you are the subject of griefing or bullying you should report this, in private, to a moderator or administrator; and if the person you wish to report is a moderator or administrator then you should still make the report to another person; preferably and administrator. All concerns will be legitimately reviewed.

The server is also host to a few YouTubers who from time to time record on the server. They will notify everyone via Mumble and via Minecraft Chat that they are about to start recording. Unless they invite you to be part of the video or otherwise intentionally record you could you please give them some breathing space and do not pester them via ingame chat or by stalking them or otherwise disrupting their recordings. Initially this will be a low level warning but if you persist in being disruptive to the recordings the warning will escalate to being a high level warning.

At this time; the server is provided free to play on and should be recognised as a gift to you if you are accepted to play on it. It should be understood that the Redwood Server is a key participant to the SolitaryCraft mod pack and can experience developmental issues and sometimes some extended downtime if a corruption or bug is found. Complaining about downtime and bugs will result in at least a low level warning as a result.

That all said; there will be donations being accepted toward the heavy running costs and administration of the server. Donations will not grant any player any privilege or advantage, nor immunity against warnings or bans. If donations will grant a player anything; it will be something of cosmetic quality that should not ruin the game for them or other players, as well as being awarded the appreciation of the administrators.
Some of these rules will probably never need to be enforced, and they are here to encourage and protect a fun and friendly style of play on the server.
May I ask how many people are on redwood server, and between what ages is the most?
I think there's about 30 odd. As for ages I think it's a majority 18+ but I don't know the ages of most people all I know is they sound older Smile
Thanks Ryan, will be waiting for the whitelist, still wanna join Solitarycraft )
Ok I accept the terms of usage Big Grin

well I'm waiting for donation link or something because I'm willing to donate for the server ^^.
Sounds like a good, robust set of rules to me. It should be enough to prevent all sorts of problems on the server, though I think most will never need to be enforced.

Will you be allowing the use of mumble through the iPhone app?
(18-01-2013 05:13 PM)wilfredvonkarma Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good, robust set of rules to me. It should be enough to prevent all sorts of problems on the server, though I think most will never need to be enforced.

Yes many people including myself do that. All they ask I beloeve is that you export your certificate from the desktop into any mobile applications and use the same certificate where possible
(18-01-2013 10:27 PM)RyanTheAllmighty Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-01-2013 05:13 PM)wilfredvonkarma Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good, robust set of rules to me. It should be enough to prevent all sorts of problems on the server, though I think most will never need to be enforced.

Yes many people including myself do that. All they ask I beloeve is that you export your certificate from the desktop into any mobile applications and use the same certificate where possible

Is using the iPhone app better than using mumble through the mic installed in the laptop? Through the laptop, I'm experiencing some random noises besides my own voice. I've never used mumble from the iPhone app before, so I would like to ask about how good is the sound quality.
I not sure. It all depends on your headset your using with your computer and what quality you have it set at. The default quality is fine, using a decent headset should be fine. If your using your computers in built mic then that may cause some noise issues.
Hello, just a quick question on the greifing aspect of the rules, about damaging players.
Simply, if a player attacks me with the intent to do harm, would there be any problems with me returning fire in self defence?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's