ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Very low Frame rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently downloaded the pack and am experiencing a very low frame rate in the over world. I have all the mods installed (including the red ones) and i have tried running it at low graphics; it bumbs the frames up from 10 to 15 FPS. I am running it on 14.5 gigs of ram and still 10 FPS.

Is there anything i can do to make the game playable at a decent frame rate.

System specs:

i7 running at 2.4 GHz
16 gigs of ram
Nividia GEFORCE 740m version 331.93
Intel ® HD Graphics 4600
A. Having every single mod installed is very, very likely to make your game lag.
B. Change to 4GB of RAM, It's not really going to help much past 4 gigs
C. Make sure you are using 64 bit, just in case.
D. I still think 10 fps is pretty good for 175 mods running at once.
On board graphics are pretty terrible and i'm willing to bet that's why you are having some issues. However:
1. The pack is meant for choice not a full install, using the red mods is not recommended so expect issues
2. There's no need to allocate such a huge amount of ram, 4gb is fine.
3. Change to using the recommended version of SC and see if you still get issues, if not, then that teaches you to stop being so greedy with mods! Tongue
(08-12-2013 01:52 AM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]On board graphics are pretty terrible and i'm willing to bet that's why you are having some issues. However:
1. The pack is meant for choice not a full install, using the red mods is not recommended so expect issues
2. There's no need to allocate such a huge amount of ram, 4gb is fine.
3. Change to using the recommended version of SC and see if you still get issues, if not, then that teaches you to stop being so greedy with mods! Tongue

It's not so much im greedy with mods, i just want to try them all at once. I'm a kid in a candy shop when it comes to minecraft i want one of everything. I will try reinstalling and using less mods just for the sake of running it though. And i have the invidea card set to priority so the onboard is just kinda there.
Yeah. Definitely lower the RAM. Sometimes allocating too much RAM can slow the game down. Also maybe set your permgen size to 256.
(08-12-2013 04:51 AM)neon200 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not so much im greedy with mods, i just want to try them all at once.

The biggest contradiction going Tongue
(08-12-2013 01:42 PM)StroodleDaFish Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Definitely lower the RAM. Sometimes allocating too much RAM can slow the game down. Also maybe set your permgen size to 256.

What options are available for permgen size and what does it mostly affect?
(08-12-2013 02:16 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2013 04:51 AM)neon200 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not so much im greedy with mods, i just want to try them all at once.

The biggest contradiction going Tongue

I did what you said i took off a whole bunch i didn't need now im getting an error.

http://paste.atlauncher.com/view/cfb4991b
can you please post the crash report also. the log ends at a rather strange place and i'm not sure where it crashes
(08-12-2013 06:14 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]can you please post the crash report also. the log ends at a rather strange place and i'm not sure where it crashes

Fixed it. Mutant creatures was creating a huge error in java. Running at 25-30 FPS and loving it. Thanks
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's