ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Game not saving correctly - losing character save but world save is fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help, I have a serious error when I have played a new map for a few minutes when I "save & quit" it doesn't save correctly. This cannot be noticed initially but when I try to continue playing; when double clicking my world I get the error "Your client is outdated, please consider updating it to use Realms."

I have not at all even clicked the realms button, nor am I playing on realms, this is purely single player, not even "Open to lan". When I press "back" (please see screenshot) the map will load but my character will be clean, although any world changes will persist.

http://a.pomf.se/bhjjkk.PNG

I have done nothing to edit the pack 'cept for 1 thing: I added a shader to the already existing shaders mod: SEUS 10.1 Ultra

I noticed when the game takes 4-5 seconds to save all will be well, but if it saved in less than a second, only world changes will persist, my inventory will be lost with only the tinker's book.

I'm on JRE 1.7.51. I havnt had this issue with any MC 1.6.4 modpack on the at launcher.

It is as if I start a new character everytime I enter the world. I would really like to do a playthrough of Deth's pack.

EDIT:
1) I heard when loading the word a button click, although I dont click anything. It looked like the Realms button.
2) When purposly clicking the realms button I will still get the outdated client error but my save will still be fine. It looks like it only causes the problem when the realms button is clicked during the loading of my world, although my hand is not even on the mouse during the load of the world.
I am actually starting to think its a minecraft issue, thouhg Strawberry Vinilla is the first pack with this error.
Yeah, there's a problem in the vanilla game that if you load your world by double-clicking it, you sometimes click the button that would be under your mouse on the main menu. Try clicking your world once and then using the Play Selected World button, that way you shouldn't "click through" into another menu by accident.
(05-07-2014 06:59 PM)dgelessus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, there's a problem in the vanilla game that if you load your world by double-clicking it, you sometimes click the button that would be under your mouse on the main menu. Try clicking your world once and then using the Play Selected World button, that way you shouldn't "click through" into another menu by accident.

I have did a bit of testing and I can confirm this, thanks!!
Reference URL's