ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: UHS3 Server on Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hello, I am new to ATLauncher and I really want to run a UHS3 server on my Mac. I run OS X 10.9.4. I can launch the single player mode from that Mac, but every time I try and load the server I get this error.

So when I am trying to load the UHS3 server I do see this error:

2014-07-09 15:35:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase
2014-07-09 15:35:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from Java7Checker
2014-07-09 15:35:45 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server]
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ! DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH ! |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Hey there! |
| It appears that you are using an outdated version of Java. |
| One of the installed mods requires Java 7 or newer, you are using 1.6.0_65. |
| |
| Visit https://java.com/en/download/ for latest update. |
| Make sure to uninstall the old version of Java first! |
| |
| If you have Java 7 installed and this message is shown by accident, |
| please report the log to chylex - info@chylex.com |
| ! DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH ! |

2014-07-09 15:35:45 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from HardcoreEnderExpansion
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chylex.hee.HardcoreEnderExpansion

I know it says do not report this error, but I am running Java 7, and I have uninstalled Java and reinstalled it too. I am not sure how to get past the Java checker.

I should also add that I have been able to install Vanilla Minecraft server, and logged into it from another Mac on my network, so it is not a networking issue.

Again I am new to ATLauncher and I dont know which logs to attach, so I am just going to attach the server load log from the terminal output.
So I also tried to set the Java on in the console settings using this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzBkfzOnyA

I was still getting the error, so I decided to delete the server and start over. I am not sure if the server ever started so I killed the Terminal and tried to start it again, but I got the error again. Everything on my Mac says I am running Java 1.7 but I keep erroring out on Java when I try and start the server.

Any help would be great, Thanks!
Yes this happens when you run minecraft with Java 6 as it says, don't report the issue. Your command for 'java' is Java 6. Your only solution is the find the path to Java 7, shown in the screenshot, and make sure it points to /bin/java at the end if it doesn't already, and then edit the LaunchServer file to replace the first beginning java word with that path
Thank you so much for the reply!

So I am not 100% positive on how this works, but am I going to be changing my LaunchServer.command file from this:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

To this:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

#!/bin/bash
java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

To this:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

Also trying to be really detailed in case someone with a Mac also finds this post and has the same issues. Really like this forum and launcher!
So I made that change to:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

And it did not work. I also thought maybe I should not have messed with the original LaunchServer.command file so I changed it back to:

#!/bin/bash
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

And that did not work either. Still looking into it as to how I can call that specific Java version when I open my server.
Ok so getting closer I think, but I don't really know. I figured out how to define a path in the terminal with a folder that has a 'space' in it, but it still does not look like it is working. I am using this as the LaunchServer.command file:

#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1152-universal.jar nogui

I am able to get the command run with this output:

Last login: Thu Jul 10 18:15:40 on ttys000
MediaLibrary-2:~ MediaLibrary$ /Users/MediaLibrary/Documents/Applications/Minecraft/ATLauncher/ATLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Servers/UltraHardSurvival_v302/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
Error: Unable to access jarfile forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1152-universal.jar
logout

[Process completed]

I see that it is unable to access the jar file so I did:

Terminal > chmod a+x [Dragged the file to here]

Ran it again, but it didn't work.

I also changed the LaunchServer.command back to the original commands with the new path for the Java 7, but I got this as an output:

Last login: Thu Jul 10 18:16:03 on ttys001
MediaLibrary-2:~ MediaLibrary$ /Users/MediaLibrary/Documents/Applications/Minecraft/ATLauncher/ATLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Servers/UltraHardSurvival_v302/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
Error: Unable to access jarfile forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1152-universal.jar
logout

[Process completed]

Still trying...
UGH! Pain and glory all in the same experience!

Thank you so much RyanTheAllmighty!!!!! Adding that path worked! I just had to figure out how to get the terminal to read that directory. Going to summerize the steps here as to what I had to do just in case someone else is trying to do this for a UHS3 server on a Mac running Java 7.

Download and install Java 7 (1.7.0_60) and the ATLauncher.

Install a UHS3 server on your Mac.

Use this link to get the path of your Java 7 install:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzBkfzOnyA
- You need that file path to put into your LaunchServer.command in order to call on the Java 7 version to run your server.
- Mine was: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Now you need to reconfigure your LaunchServer.sh file
- Go to where you installed your UHS3 server
- /Contents/Resources/Java/Servers/UltraHardSurvival_v302/
- Rename LaunchServer.sh to LaunchServer.command
- You will need to add a couple of commands to get the server to start

This is what the file looks like:
#!/bin/bash
java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

You need to add a couple of commands.
- cd "$(dirname "$0")"
- exec

Your file should look like this now
#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"

Now you need to replace 'java' with the path of where the Java 7 version is found
java -> /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Now you need to change the path so that the terminal will be able to go to the path that you are trying to point it to. Terminals don't know what to do with [spaces] so you will need to add a \ at the end of every word that has a [space] following it. That final path should look like this:
java -> /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Take notice of the \ at the end of Internet. This will allow the terminal to follow that path to the Java 7 version you need to run.

So in the end your LaunchServer.command should look like this:
#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

I really hope this works for you, it did for me!
I'll add in the LaunchServer.command file you've found to the Launcher so it's downloaded along side the .bat for Windows and .sh for Linux/Mac to make it easier for others Smile
(11-07-2014 12:30 AM)DogonSiereht Wrote: [ -> ]--snip--

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH I COULD KISS YOU (no homo) BUT OMG --snip-- YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON EVER I AM FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT GOOD SIR

[mod note: removed long quote and excessive smileys.]
(11-07-2014 12:30 AM)DogonSiereht Wrote: [ -> ]UGH! Pain and glory all in the same experience!

Thank you so much RyanTheAllmighty!!!!! Adding that path worked! I just had to figure out how to get the terminal to read that directory. Going to summerize the steps here as to what I had to do just in case someone else is trying to do this for a UHS3 server on a Mac running Java 7.

Download and install Java 7 (1.7.0_60) and the ATLauncher.

Install a UHS3 server on your Mac.

Use this link to get the path of your Java 7 install:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzBkfzOnyA
- You need that file path to put into your LaunchServer.command in order to call on the Java 7 version to run your server.
- Mine was: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Now you need to reconfigure your LaunchServer.sh file
- Go to where you installed your UHS3 server
- /Contents/Resources/Java/Servers/UltraHardSurvival_v302/
- Rename LaunchServer.sh to LaunchServer.command
- You will need to add a couple of commands to get the server to start

This is what the file looks like:
#!/bin/bash

You need to add a couple of commands.
- cd "$(dirname "$0")"
- exec

Your file should look like this now
#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"

Now you need to replace 'java' with the path of where the Java 7 version is found
java -> /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Now you need to change the path so that the terminal will be able to go to the path that you are trying to point it to. Terminals don't know what to do with [spaces] so you will need to add a \ at the end of every word that has a [space] following it. That final path should look like this:
java -> /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Take notice of the \ at the end of Internet. This will allow the terminal to follow that path to the Java 7 version you need to run.

So in the end your LaunchServer.command should look like this:
#!/bin/bash
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
exec /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -jar forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal.jar nogui

I really hope this works for you, it did for me!

Hi,

I have tried everything you've said here, and everything in this thread and all I get after trying to run LaunchServer.command is the following:

sudo: /Applications/ATLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Servers/YogscastCompletePack_2931RRYOGS/LaunchServer.command: command not found

I have to do sudo because it is a work computer. The LaunchServer.command is definitely in that path, as I am dragging it into Terminal.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's