ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Why we said goodbye to CreeperHost and hello to NodeCraft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link to post on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ATLauncher/comme..._hello_to/

As most of you probably would have known, we have been supported by CreeperHost for some time now (about 4-5 months) and while we are eternally greatful to them for providing us with that support, it's time we say goodbye.

Over the past month or so, CreeperHost have been having issues keeping their systems in sync. There would be instances where things would be out of date for well over 24 hours, which for an ever updating launcher full of hundreds of different packs updating, this started to become a real issue.

Now while we can understand this happening a few times and then getting fixed, this situation has been happening far too often for it to go unnoticed and start to become a massive pain. For a single person to run ATLauncher as well as trying to keep track of if someone else is actually keeping everything in sync for your users, well that just became too much, as well as the fact that it was hard for us to work with CreeperHost to fix these issues.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no ill towards CreeperHost, they do a great job, especially thanks to Luke from CreeperHost for being the one around to solve the issues and being an all round great guy.

Now onto NodeCraft, who will be effectively replacing CreeperHost. Jon from NodeCraft was the very first person ever to reach out to me at ATLauncher and offer any help during our early days, and with no strings or labels attached either, just a fellow community member wanting to help out another. At that time I had no interest in any help, being the stubborn person I am, and continued merrily along. Now I kept in contact with Jon from NodeCraft for quite a while, learning more about himself and his company, and he was always a pleasure to talk to, bounce ideas off etc.

You can find out more about NodeCraft on their website at https://nodecraft.com/

NodeCraft is one of those very few Minecraft hosting providers that I can honestly look at and think they are top of the pack. They put effort into their presentation and how they portray themselves as a brand. They are constantly innovating and coming up with new ways to help and furthur the Minecraft community. They are truely one of the good guys in my personal opinion.

For the reasons stated above, and more which are small and don't really warrant going into, we have decided to, as the title says, say goodbye to CreeperHost and hello to NodeCraft.

Effective immediately we have switched over the launcher to use NodeCraft's CDN instead of CreeperHost and have changed all CreeperHost branding to NodeCraft (although it may take some time for all to get the update).

I look forward to working with NodeCraft and their innovative team, to continue to grow ATLauncher and NodeCraft into the future. Of course as I said, I have no ill towards CreeperHost, this is strictly a business decision on what I think is best for ATLauncher now and going into the future.

(start promotion)
Lastly let me remind you, incase you aren't aware, that NodeCraft do sell Minecraft servers, with one click installs of many ATLauncher packs. We will be working very closely with them to provide instant updates so you don't have to wait around when packs update to update your server. Give them a go, you may be pleasantly suprised.

NodeCraft have supplied a 20% off code for you to try their services if you so wish. Use promo code 'ATL' to get 20% off your first month. So go check out their deals at https://nodecraft.com/game-servers/minecraft
(end promotion)

So that's all from me today, we look forward to what the future beholds, and of course, please feel free to ask questions. I am happy to answer any questions, concerns etc.

Thanks
i only want to say. do what you have to do & keep up the good work !? i love the ATLauncher Big Grin
I have noticed that NodeCraft is a bit slower than Creeper Host, I'm wondering if that's just my computer or if it really is because NodeCraft is slower.
(18-11-2014 04:57 AM)jtigerf Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that NodeCraft is a bit slower than Creeper Host, I'm wondering if that's just my computer or if it really is because NodeCraft is slower.
That's very interesting. May I ask where you're located? We don't currently have any direct coverage for New Zealand / Australia yet, so you may be seeing some slower downloads there. We're definitely looking at expanding there as soon as possible, but bandwidth in these areas is very expensive.
(18-11-2014 09:11 PM)Cherry Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-11-2014 04:57 AM)jtigerf Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that NodeCraft is a bit slower than Creeper Host, I'm wondering if that's just my computer or if it really is because NodeCraft is slower.
That's very interesting. May I ask where you're located? We don't currently have any direct coverage for New Zealand / Australia yet, so you may be seeing some slower downloads there. We're definitely looking at expanding there as soon as possible, but bandwidth in these areas is very expensive.
I am in the west coast of the U.S., it isn't that much slower, like I said only a bit. I don't really care about it right now. As long as it works, I'm fine.
Hey, im from Australia and was looking to get a crackpack server to be hosted. not sure where to get it from and hear that Nodecraft was a good place to get it from. I was wondering when you think you will be expanding to the Aus/NZ reigon? Thanks
(04-02-2015 11:35 AM)Jakra98 Wrote: [ -> ]
Hey, im from Australia and was looking to get a crackpack server to be hosted. not sure where to get it from and hear that Nodecraft was a good place to get it from. I was wondering when you think you will be expanding to the Aus/NZ reigon? Thanks
Hi Jakra98,

We're honestly still looking for a provider that meets primarily our performance requirements, but also price constraints. As previously mentioned, bandwidth in these areas is extremely expensive, and on top of that, it's been very difficult to find a provider to work with that offers us the features we require and rely on, and find acceptable to offer to our customers.

Servers in these locations are definitely on the horizons, but I don't have any specific time frame yet unfortunately! Our west coast US location offers a decent connection for those in the AU/NZ regions and is what we'd recommend currently, however this certainly isn't the most optimal.
Nodecraft is simply amazing and Creeperhost has terrible hardware. Not to mention they like to bill you secretly a month after you cancel service and refuse to even give you the server you just paid for even though they wont refund the money. talk about terrible business practices.
Reference URL's