ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Oil pipeline and refinery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals.

I know the vast majority of people have their own way of getting power with links to the nether and whatnot. I am having a few problems getting into the Nether myself (as witnessed by Haighyorkie and demon012), so power is getting difficult to come by.

I have, however, found a sizeable oil deposit, and am getting drawn towards the idea of setting up an oil pipeline and refinery for everyone to use if they want. The only problem is I have not got the first clue as to how to do it. Any help and guidance with the design and set up would be amazing. I of course will foot all of the materials and build time, all I need is how to do it!!

That is assuming of course that the Moderators and administrators allow me access to the oil. Wink
There may be videos on youtube showing a lot better than explaining through a post, you need a pump, 4 redstone engines and 2 redstone torches. Set the pump up over the spawn of oil, put the 4 engines around it powered by the two redstone torches...in short Tongue
(23-07-2013 01:07 PM)Evilcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys and gals.

I know the vast majority of people have their own way of getting power with links to the nether and whatnot. I am having a few problems getting into the Nether myself (as witnessed by Haighyorkie and demon012), so power is getting difficult to come by.

I have, however, found a sizeable oil deposit, and am getting drawn towards the idea of setting up an oil pipeline and refinery for everyone to use if they want. The only problem is I have not got the first clue as to how to do it. Any help and guidance with the design and set up would be amazing. I of course will foot all of the materials and build time, all I need is how to do it!!

That is assuming of course that the Moderators and administrators allow me access to the oil. Wink

Well assuming the above, hehe, you just need a pump, some way to move the liquid (liquid tesseract or endertank), some way to get power to it (we used to use redstone engines but I think those were nerfed, but not positive), then you build up to the very top and place the pump.

Liquid tesseract and endertank is a good idea. I was thinking that I would have to run a pipe all the way (some 763)

I will post the coordinates to the refinery when I have it all set up.

Thanks for your help
Im currently working on getting oily bees to get basically infinite oil supply for powering (instead of draining the nether lava sees then). Currently i have ancient bees and am still working towards that oily bees. I could add that oil to the endertank once im done ;-)
Well I tried a pump and 4 redstone engines leading to gold waterproof pipe and an ender tank. It's not working too well Sad

[attachment=175]
Use a wrench to turn the engines to face the pump. No idea why the pipe isn't attaching though, may be just visual. Also what pump are you using?
If you type pump into the nei it's the first one that comes up. Already tried the wrench, are there two types?
Tongue You are using the wrong pump, you need the ID block 1511, also the wrench you need is either item ID 19362 or item ID 31963, hope that helps!
Reference URL's