ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Crashing on a LAN world opening inventories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing on a world with a friend that is open to LAN on their computer and I join from there, when I log into it all is working okay, but when I try to open my inventory I cannot, because my mouse appears and after a few seconds the game crashes. This problem also happens when I try to open any interface from any block, however it is only happening on the LAN world, it does not have this problem on another world that we tested on just to be sure.
Could you please post the log... This can be done by clicking upload log which is on the console. It will give you a link which you can copy and paste to this thread. We will be able to help you further from there. Smile
(12-08-2013 01:31 PM)StroodleDaFish Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please post the log... This can be done by clicking upload log which is on the console. It will give you a link which you can copy and paste to this thread. We will be able to help you further from there. Smile

The website address to the log is: http://paste.atlauncher.com/view/e1ac1dad

(12-08-2013 11:49 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]https://forums.atlauncher.com/thread-377.html

It's not that the world is unable to load, it is that I can get onto the world and my friend can, my friends side is fine and she can open her inventory, chests and any block that has a UI, but if I try to open any thing, for example: ender pouches, my inventory, chests and any block that has a UI. The game stops working and the world crashes on me, but on any other world this problem does not happen, including any other LAN worlds that we play on, this problem seems to be particular to only one world.

Though thank you for your quick replies.
Other lan worlds work ok? hmm. Maybe it's a problem with a particular mod? Maybe it's just a problem with minecraft or something corrupted in that world in particular. I did notice it saying something about rendering buildcraft pipes but i'm unsure what the actual problem is
(13-08-2013 04:31 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]Other lan worlds work ok? hmm. Maybe it's a problem with a particular mod? Maybe it's just a problem with minecraft or something corrupted in that world in particular. I did notice it saying something about rendering buildcraft pipes but i'm unsure what the actual problem is

It's okay, thanks for trying.
(13-08-2013 04:31 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]Other lan worlds work ok? hmm. Maybe it's a problem with a particular mod? Maybe it's just a problem with minecraft or something corrupted in that world in particular. I did notice it saying something about rendering buildcraft pipes but i'm unsure what the actual problem is

Also I have no idea if this is related but if I try and type any thing like transport or pipe into NEI, NEI seems to have a breakdown and the GUI is messed up until you get rid of the typing in the search bar, by breakdown, I mean that most of the items in NEI disappear, e.g. some of the pipes and sometimes the items in my inventory stay in the grid formation, but are shifted a lot to the left and as such are no longer in the GUI of the backpack, this was happening before the game stopped working. Also the only other thing that seemed out of the ordinary was that it was working fine one day, then the next day it wasn't, but the other person had been playing on it before I got on it, and the only thing that seemed strange was that the other player had crafted some wooden planks into slabs, but they weren't normal slabs, they had the image of the full block and when placed had exactly the same image as a normal plank. Like I said at the beginning I have no idea if this is related but these are the only things I can think of that may have caused it.
the distribution pipe is buggy. If you have one of those in your inventory then that's why you crash out. You will have to wipe your player data (which means you will lose all your items in the process and be returned to spawn. but it's worth trying!)
(14-08-2013 09:33 PM)Haighyorkie Wrote: [ -> ]the distribution pipe is buggy. If you have one of those in your inventory then that's why you crash out. You will have to wipe your player data (which means you will lose all your items in the process and be returned to spawn. but it's worth trying!)

Thanks I'll give it a go and reply if it has changed anything.
Reference URL's