ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: You know that GregTech ore hidding issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Gregtech's config

B:hiddenores=true

I knew it wasn't a bug. His wiki confirms it

Quote:B:hiddenores=true
GregTech Ores have a chance to camouflage themselves underground by stealing the texture of an adjacent Stone, Netherrack, or End Stone block. This has an added effect; if an Ore has no Stone blocks adjacent to itself, it will in stead assume a very obvious and colorful "vein core" texture.
A lot of people have found this to be very annoying, which is why this config line exists, and why SirusKing drew up a set of alternate textures.
For more information, see the Ores page.
This is a client-side rendering option (as the ore camouflage effect is done in client-side rendering), and will have no effect on a server.
lol. I always thought it was a bug.
I posted this in the wrong forum, but it works Smile

HAHA yeah I always thought it was a bug, but now I know
(29-09-2013 07:07 PM)RyanTheAllmighty Wrote: [ -> ]I posted this in the wrong forum, but it works Smile

Annnnnd greg never told us it wasn't a bug.
(29-09-2013 07:13 PM)Aetherr_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-09-2013 07:07 PM)RyanTheAllmighty Wrote: [ -> ]I posted this in the wrong forum, but it works Smile

Annnnnd greg never told us it wasn't a bug.

I always just assumed it was OptiFine, but always had a sneaking suspicion it was also a feature Smile
Because making his machines isn't hard enough, he has to make getting the abundance of resources for his machines difficult too Tongue
Argh so he did that on purpose!!?!??! OK changing that for the next update as it looks terrible.
What purpose is having a feature like that serve?
It looks like a poorly implemented anti-x-ray.
I suppose it's there to make things harder to see hence longer to do stuff
its also used to hide his extraordinary large ore veins that give huge amounts of tin (no sarcasm). If you found one of them you basically end up with 1-3 Stacks of Tin if you manage to find all his ores. Still, its looking strange and i also thought its a bug...
Reference URL's