ATLauncher Forums

Full Version: Pack Share Codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Just a quick message to let you know about the new Share Code functionality added to the launcher in version 3.2.2.5

You can check what version of the launcher you have in the top of both the console and main window.

In version 3.2.2.2 we added in Share Codes to share your optional mod selections with friends/users. This is great for those large packs which have alot of optional mods (such as Resonant Rise) and more importantly allow servers to hand out codes to users so they have the exact right mods installed to get on that server.

In version 3.2.2.5 which we have just released, we added in the ability to automatically install packs using the share code, which has also been reduced down in size to only 8 characters, which means all old share codes no longer work.

In order to obtain a share code for an instance you've created, simply right click on that instances image and there is a Share Code option which when clicked will copy the share code for that instance to your clipboard as well as display it on the console.

You can still add in these new share codes the old way via the mods selection screen, or you can use our new tool on our site at http://www.atlauncher.com/launch-tool-helper to create links you can give out to other people/users to be able to auto add and install that pack into the launcher.

Now this process requires the user to download and run a small Java application in order to hook into the launcher and tell it what it needs to install, but it should allow simplifying the process alot.

The same link above can also be used to share semi public pack links with friends to automatically add semi public packs to a users launcher who goes through the process described above.

While this has been tested, please let us know below if you run into any issues. But if you do have any issues, make sure you're on the 3.2.2.5 version of the launcher before posting any issues.
This looks pretty awesome, good job Ryan! Smile
I'm new to using the launcher, but my friend's been using it for a long time. Yesterday we decided to open a game together, but I can't run all the mods she can so I tried to use the share code feature with her. Unfortunately, no matter which way we did it (either by entering in the code or creating a link), it wouldn't download any of the optional mods I'd selected (we were using Resonate Rise.) Instead, it would download the pack with none of the additional optional mods.
(19-03-2015 09:16 PM)painless_stache Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to using the launcher, but my friend's been using it for a long time. Yesterday we decided to open a game together, but I can't run all the mods she can so I tried to use the share code feature with her. Unfortunately, no matter which way we did it (either by entering in the code or creating a link), it wouldn't download any of the optional mods I'd selected (we were using Resonate Rise.) Instead, it would download the pack with none of the additional optional mods.

Please provide some information including details on the share code, screenshots and logs.
I feel like I'm either blind or clueless, but how do I actually make a pack share code for my modpack? I can't find any "Create Share Code" buttons on the modpack configuration, and I can't see any files anywhere that would point me to a share code, so where do I actually get that info to share a pack with my friends?
(23-03-2015 01:52 AM)Chaz Serir Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like I'm either blind or clueless, but how do I actually make a pack share code for my modpack? I can't find any "Create Share Code" buttons on the modpack configuration, and I can't see any files anywhere that would point me to a share code, so where do I actually get that info to share a pack with my friends?

You need to right click the instances image to get the share code. A popup menu pops up when you right click it which getting the share code is one of those options.
(23-03-2015 02:30 AM)RyanTheAllmighty Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2015 01:52 AM)Chaz Serir Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like I'm either blind or clueless, but how do I actually make a pack share code for my modpack? I can't find any "Create Share Code" buttons on the modpack configuration, and I can't see any files anywhere that would point me to a share code, so where do I actually get that info to share a pack with my friends?

You need to right click the instances image to get the share code. A popup menu pops up when you right click it which getting the share code is one of those options.

Ah! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I couldn't see anything on the launcher about finding the share code, just for using it, so I wouldn't have known to right click the instance image, haha. My bad!
So I tried to use share code button when you install the pack on the launcher but it said it was invalid and we are using it for the RR3 pack

And on the toolhelper just opens the launcher doesnt add the instance or any of the mods selected

Launcher version is 3.2.2.6
(12-04-2015 07:31 AM)Troubl96 Wrote: [ -> ]So I tried to use share code button when you install the pack on the launcher but it said it was invalid and we are using it for the RR3 pack

And on the toolhelper just opens the launcher doesnt add the instance or any of the mods selected

Launcher version is 3.2.2.6

Can't help without the share code you're trying to use to look it up Smile
Okay, so, now that I know where the codes are, another issue has come up.

I have The Crack Pack installed, cloned The Crack Pack for a Local LAN game with some mods disabled, then tested the difference between the two Share Codes...

Unfortunately, both instances have the same Share Code (6797if6X), while the LAN instance has the following mods disabled (the normal one has all mods enabled but one map, as I chose Journey Map):
Blood Magic
Forbidden Magic
Hats
Hat Stand
Sanguimancy
Witchery

Shouldn't the Share Codes be different for separate instances with different mods selected (even if cloned from the same base mod pack)?

Oh yes, Launcher version is 3.2.2.6.

PK
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's